Saturday 24 November 2012

A field test - Prowlers Vs Squats

Evening all,
Im currently a week into a field "test" that I have been wanting to do for a fair while now.
I'll cut to the chase....
The aim is to see if replacing heavy squats with heavy prowlers, makes any difference to your 1RM.
2 weeks ago I tested my squat 1RM.....maxed out a comfortable 170kg. For the past two weeks I have replaced ALL squatting with heavy prowlers. This is how my prowler week looks:
Monday - Heavy 15m Prowler Push - 10/15 sets
Wednesday - Heavy 5m Prowler Push - 10/15 sets
Friday - Heavy 10m Prowler Push- 10/15 sets
And yes my CNS was fried after the first week. However, the next week I came back and pushed a lot more weight than the previous sessions.
This may or may not work, but I thought I'd be the one to find out.
Below is video of my last 10m heavy pushing session. Worked up to a final set of 270kg/600lbs at a bodyweight of 102kg.


Until next time,

Stay Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment